Thank you to Dr. Packer who took time from his busy schedule at USC Upstate to talk to classes about gladiators in Roman history and society. The topic of gladiators ties in with Girl in the Arena which was one of our 7Reads summer reading books. Students learned about the history of Rome, how Rome moved from a republic to an empire, and how gladiators became part of the culture of Rome.
- Infinite Book Check Out Day: I didn’t know this day existed. @Elizabeth declared today Infinite Book Check Out... bit.ly/1raRIGF 19 hours ago
- Travel Back to the Puritan Time Period ….: by visiting the Loquacious Library. Mr. White’s class created proje... bit.ly/1xLRLZO 1 day ago
- Student Selfie: Well, the iPad WAS out ….. and Mrs. Myers DOES have fun stuff on her desk …. bit.ly/11OzePI 1 day ago
- To Kill a Mockingbird Research: On November 20th, Mrs. Myers conducted a quick review of using the catalog and... bit.ly/1xLIZv5 1 day ago
- SHS Library Bookfair!: When: December 10th through December 14th Where: Barnes and Noble on 1489 W.O. Ezell B... bit.ly/1AUhnau 2 weeks ago