Thank you to Dr. Packer who took time from his busy schedule at USC Upstate to talk to classes about gladiators in Roman history and society. The topic of gladiators ties in with Girl in the Arena which was one of our 7Reads summer reading books. Students learned about the history of Rome, how Rome moved from a republic to an empire, and how gladiators became part of the culture of Rome.
- Banned Books Week!: We just finished putting the finishing touches on the Banned Books Week display when a yo... bit.ly/2daDmVv 3 days ago
- NEW E-Books!: We just added 106 titles to our Overdrive collection. @You can view them by clicking on SHS Ebo... bit.ly/2cFTsXE 6 days ago
- 7Reads: Our day started with a school wide assembly in which Erin Lange, James McTeer, and Greg Neri spoke ... bit.ly/2cVmcHB 1 week ago
- Sharing Online … OOPS: Mrs. Layne worked with Dr. Newett’s social studies classes to talk about personal info... bit.ly/2c5fQtl 2 weeks ago
- August 2016 – Loquacious newsletter: View this document on Scribd bit.ly/2cjDTQI 3 weeks ago