Our day started with a school wide assembly in which Erin Lange, James McTeer, and Greg Neri spoke to the entire student body as part of our 7Reads reading initiative. Dr. Booker gave a special presentation highlighting the ten years and thanking the founders of 7Reads. After each author gave a brief summary of who they were and about their work (including James performing an outstanding rap – mic drop!), three students, Quinn Filler, Bryson Coleman, and Toneia Douglas, asked questions in an informal panel discussion format.
Following the assembly, the authors attended a special meet and greet with the librarians, district office personnel, and the founders of the 7Reads program.
Authors then went to different areas of the school to talk to classes. A total of 395 students were able to see an author in a small group setting.
A big Loquacious Library “Thank you” to …
- the authors Greg, James, and Erin for taking time out of their busy schedule to visit us
- students Quinn Filler, Bryson Coleman, and Toneia Douglas for sitting in on the panel and asking engaging questions of our authors
- JROTC for the presentation of colors
- Zy’Ana Miller for a gorgeous performance of our national anthem
- Kellie Bertrand for setting up equipment
- Former principal Rodney Graves and parent Kathy Bennett for founding the program
You can see more photos on our Facebook page.