Come by and match the teacher with his/her favorite book. Every entry gets a chance to win the BIG CONTAINER OF CANDY!!
A thank you to the classes who came into the library. We had English, social studies, and German students.
283 books were checked out between October 1st – 8th. Readers do better in all subjects including science, math, history and civics … so come in and let us help you find a book to read!
– averaging roughly 86 students during morning crowd
– 298 books checked out for the week
– Jackson and Sessions brought classes to check out books
– Hispanic Heritage Month display created at front of library
– Banned Books Week display created at front of library
– order of books in Spanish sent out
– lesson plans for next week; DISCUS , Banned Books Week presentation
– new book promotion to classes
– fixing Spanish language labels on books so the labels ONLY identify books written in Spanish
– making art using paper plates and yarn
– shifted picture books to a larger location
– hosted district media specialists for PD
This morning between 7:15 and 8:10, around one hundred students visited the media center. Quick stats/information from September 6th until September 13th.
– classes using the space for research, book check out, and semi virtual trip
– 402 books checked out
– added 54 new books yesterday
– collaboration with the foreign language department to set up a Hispanic Heritage Month display
– starting ideas for Banned Book Makerspace
– laminated paper signs put up to label bookshelf areas
– big plastic tub bought and labeled for book drop